Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello and thank you first off for taking the time to read this and help a guy out. I just bought this Dell inspiron 1525 from a friend 3 months ago. I seem to have several user accts i dont know how to combine back to one person... and get that persons name off my computer... i have get this 2.7 million files in this thing apparently...yet it doesnt have much loaded into it except some movies and music. granted i think the movies total about 60 gigs...music about 5 gigs... yet the hard drive is near capacity...i starte mcafee doing a full system scan...at 6am this morning. it is now 830 PM! and its only 75% done. there seemed to be a awful lot of time spent in two places... c:\users\name of person i cant make go away\app data it was stuck here for 7 hours... the other is all the same except its \local settings this time and has been there for about 5 hours... this cant be normal. i have had the blue screen of death several times in past 2 weeks, i am being denied access to delete files says i dont have permission....yet im the administrator! i will be honest i am a heavy downloader of movies using bit torrent dna... i dont know whether or not i even have that configured correctly... i suspect that i may have same files saved in multiple locations would that explain why so much of the drive space is gone? please someone with serious know how school me! what do i need to do to get control of my computer? reduce the excess of files, address the blue screen stuff, and get rid or any and all other names in this computer but me. i also suspect viruses but mcafee says my computer is clean..can i trust that?

thought i was a intermediate user, but begin to think that may be over stated. please help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
well the easyest way is to just stick in your copy of Windows being what ever one you want xp being the earliest version or what ever Vista you have and just restart your computer WHILE the disk is still in there and PRESTO you have a Fresh computer all over again and don't have to worry about those pesky user account. Your have a brand new computer at to yourself.

The install will take around 45 minites and make sure your choose NTSF i think that's what it's called.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why would i remove dna? is it not a good program to use for torrent downloading? i will do the other that u have said MEGA... what will this program do for me? u didnt really tell me why im doing these steps.. just need to understand for my own piece of mind ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guess nobody wants to respond to me... i did do as the first guy suggested... it found next to nothing... waste of time... anyone out there that can help? im wanting to know why i have 2.5 million files in my 3 month old laptop when i have next to nothing in it.. thanks

·
Deceased
3,850 Posts
hi you have to read the site rules what you do infringes them and therefore we cannot help whilst you do info below
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.
Circumventing Copy Protection - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague, at best, as to if it is legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal.) As a result, we do not allow discussion of how to break copy protection at this time. If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out.

as you can see it is not allowed, the suggestions put forward where from eager to help members who will by now be aware of the rules,if you have any issues which do not involve breaking the rules we will be happy to help

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
If you want you can post your Hijack log and see if anything shows up

Download HijackThis to your desktop
  • Double click on HijackThis on your Desktop to install it
  • It will install to Program files by default
  • Then click on the HJT shortcut to run it
  • Click on Icon and choose "scan system and save a logfile" usually in notepad
  • Copy and Paste the logfile in your next post
  • Using Ctrl+A to copy All and Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste.

Do Not Fix Anything as it may result in your PC not starting up correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:37:25 PM, on 8/27/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18813)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Sigmatel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10b.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - {B164E929-A1B6-4A06-B104-2CD0E90A88FF} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McENUI] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DelayShred] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mshr\ShrCL.EXE /P7 /q c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\TEMPOR~1\Content.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\TEMPOR~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\L3XEM19Z.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\TEMPOR~1\Content.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\TEMPOR~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\History\History.IE5\MSHIST~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\History\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\Cookies.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\ANTIPH~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.IE5\MSHIST~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Cookies.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.IE5\MS0AA4~1\index.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.IE5\MS0AA4~1.SH! (User 'SYS
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DelayShred] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mshr\ShrCL.EXE /P7 /q c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\TEMPOR~1\Content.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\TEMPOR~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\L3XEM19Z.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\TEMPOR~1\Content.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\TEMPOR~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\History\History.IE5\MSHIST~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\History\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\Cookies.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Low\ANTIPH~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.IE5\MSHIST~1.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\Cookies.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.IE5\MS0AA4~1\index.SH! c:\users\aarons\appdata\local\temp\History\History.IE5\MS0AA4~1.SH! (User 'Def
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O18 - Protocol: sacore - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_c09c50a2\aestsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Boonty Games - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: getPlus(R) Installer - NOS Microsystems Ltd. - C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_c09c50a2\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
--
End of file - 8987 bytes

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
To be honest if it were my machine I would copy the files I want to save and then do a factory recovery
hit the power button
Start tapping f8 light and fast..a menu will appear in a few seconds.
{if the machine starts to boot windows you miised it and will have to try again}

when the menu appears select repair my computer
then select dell factory image

Just follow the prompts

after all finished
go uninstall nortons
disable the side bar.
reboot
go to windows updates....fully update your machine
Go get either avira avast or avg for you anti virus solution...all have free version available and have decent detection rates.

Enjoy your new pc

PS I would do the same to any machine that had a prior owner..whether it was having problems or not

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.