Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer had issues after I had done recovery back to factory settings. I wanted to recover to that point because I had dowloaded many different programs recently and I could not figure out exactly was causing issues on my computer. It would restart itself, and different messages would pop up, the last being: IRQ not less but equal(atleast, this is how I remember it).

But after backing up my files on cd's, dvd's and usb, I set it back to factory settings, and I would get the : configuration error, code purple.

I tried to perform system recovery again, and what ever option I could find I would try, but no good. I then tried using my Vista recovery cds, and I would get : "This PC is not supported by the System Recovey Discs. You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these disks. "

The only way I was able to get my computer running again is that I luckily had recently copied Windows 7 to a dvd (my original OS was Vista), the windows 7 I had gotten as a free educational download from my college.
So I just popped it in and let it run on its own. But if this is the only way to get out of code purple(as was my experience) this sucks, because not everyone has an OS disk available. And remember, my Vista recovery disks were not working.

My computer is working, I'm so happy now :D.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.