Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason I keep getting this message, "the directory or file cannot be created", when I try to move my files around. This just started today, I have spent hours online trying to find a solution.....so now I am asking here. I don't really know what other info you need...so..I guess I will just wait and see.

thanx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, at this point I can barely move anything around....sometimes when I try, it works once, then I get the message I stated previously. I originally noticed it when I went to move some files into a downloads folder in my sims 2 game, then I began trying to move files from other areas, and I came across this everytime . Now, moving files to the sims 2 game isn't that big of a deal...but I have been trying to move important files on to my second harddrive , so that I can install new hardware.....then a clean install of windows xp. I have plenty of space on both drives.....I am stumped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, I have been experimenting with moving my files.....I think that I have discovered that my file folders can only hold up to 4.25 gigs of files....so that when I try to move anything into a folder that is that big, I will get this message: "the directory or file cannot be created". Now if this in fact my problem, is it possible to change this seemingly maximum amount? I am currently trying to research this possibility online, so far I haven't found much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I can tell, I have it pretty much figured out. More of a user error than a computer error.

So, yeah...my file capacity is 4 gigs, and no I cannot change that. I was able to add more to my sims 2 download folder by using subfolders......which I just found out was possible with the game. So all is well.:up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.