Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1025 Posts

·
Banned
44,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because the original thread has passed the 6000 mark in posts, it's time to start a fresh version.
I am going to request the original closed.

Thanks to all that participated in the first version :)

·
Always remembered in our hearts
82,160 Posts
You're welcome! ;) :D

·
Always remembered in our hearts
82,160 Posts
Is Tony a womanipulator too? :D

·
Moderator (deceased) Gone but never forgotten
47,973 Posts
More news from FactCheck!

Campaign Distortions in Texas Runoff
Henry Bonilla tries to link his opponent to "Islamic radicals."

December 8, 2006
Modified: December 8, 2006
eMail to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Summary

The election still isn't settled in Texas' 23rd congressional district, where voters are being asked to go back to the polls on Dec. 12 to decide a runoff between Republican incumbent Rep. Henry Bonilla and his Democratic opponent, former Rep. Ciro Rodriguez. Bonilla's latest ad features a former FBI agent telling viewers that Rodriguez sponsored a "a new law to free suspected terrorists," was behind a meeting of "Islamic radicals" at the US Capitol, and "took contributions from those radicals." The ad features a photograph of Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman, who was convicted in connection with the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

We find this ad deceitful on several counts. The "new law" Rodriquez sponsored wasn't to "free terrorists." It was a bipartisan proposal to prevent the government from using classified intelligence information in certain immigration hearings. It was backed by the ACLU and some conservative Republicans alike, not just "Islamic radicals." The meeting in question wasn't "sponsored" by Rodriguez, though he may have reserved the room at the request of those who did sponsor it. And as for "contributions from those radicals," we found only a single donation of $250 that might fit that description.

Furthermore, there's also no evidence that Rodriguez knew the Blind Sheik or did anything on his behalf. The sheik would not have been freed by the legislation that Rodriguez co-sponsored, which would have applied only to immigration hearings and not to criminal trials. The ad is a misleading appeal to fear on the terrorism issue.

....http://www.factcheck.org/article471.html

----------------------------------------------------

The "Who Needs Enemies?" Award
Winner: Idaho State Rep. Bill Sali

State Rep. Bill Sali, a Republican running in Idaho ’s First Congressional District, appears to have few friends even in his own party. The quotes in this ad are not only devastating, but accurate, at least as reported by the press – except that state House Speaker Bruce Newcomb’s full quote was even better than we’re told in the ad. “That idiot is an absolute idiot,” he opined. Forcefully. Newcomb’s comments were made when Sali refused to stop talking about an alleged link between abortions and breast cancer on the floor of the state House last spring, even though a fellow legislator (the Democratic leader) who was a breast cancer survivor began crying. The House’s 11 Democrats walked out to protest Sali’s remarks.

....http://www.factcheck.org/article469.html

Attachments

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
wacor said:
I think both partys are full of idiots

just an observation

but people seem to be stuck on following the party line

interesting concept
i mean this pretty much the way it sounds, with all of its tendrils....

methinks its easier to focus on success, or maybe just survival, if you hand over the "big thinking" to the party of your choice.

what astounds me is that we've come to a place where these things seem no longer to be related in the minds of "we the people" :(

·
47,973 Posts
iltos said:
i mean this pretty much the way it sounds, with all of its tendrils....

methinks its easier to focus on success, or maybe just survival, if you hand over the "big thinking" to the party of your choice.

what astounds me is that we've come to a place where these things seem no longer to be related in the minds of "we the people" :(
I agree!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
HTML:
wacor said:
We the people disappeared a long time ago.

How many people do you know dont vote??

We have abdicated what is cherished and what we fight for others to obtain!

Madness, sheer madness
......you only lose if you quit........karma my friend....karma............:)

·
Registered
59,694 Posts
Ford: Bush made 'big mistake' on Iraq

WASHINGTON, Dec. 27 (UPI) -- In a 2004 interview held for publication after his death, former U.S. President Gerald Ford said the Iraq war was not justified.

"I don't think I would have gone to war," Ford told the Washington Post more than one year after President George W. Bush ordered the invasion.

In a four-hour conversation at his home in Beaver Creek, Colo., Ford said he "very strongly" disagreed with Bush's rationale for attacking Iraq, and said he would have pursued other approaches, such as sanctions, more vigorously.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061227-095744-6477r

·
Registered
13,837 Posts
ekim68 said:
Ford: Bush made 'big mistake' on Iraq

WASHINGTON, Dec. 27 (UPI) -- In a 2004 interview held for publication after his death, former U.S. President Gerald Ford said the Iraq war was not justified.

"I don't think I would have gone to war," Ford told the Washington Post more than one year after President George W. Bush ordered the invasion.

In a four-hour conversation at his home in Beaver Creek, Colo., Ford said he "very strongly" disagreed with Bush's rationale for attacking Iraq, and said he would have pursued other approaches, such as sanctions, more vigorously.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061227-095744-6477r
I bet Brian Williams is hating he showed an interview with Ford that said he did agree with the Iraq war . :D

·
47,973 Posts
Littlefield said:
Yea I liked Ford . Hope you had a nice Christmas BM . Time for the football games . Florida State looked good tonite.

Loved the line I am a Ford not a Lincoln !
I did , thanks. hat was a good line! ;)

·
47,973 Posts
Sadam discourages hate, how unchristian!?

Saddam's last message: Be fair and don't hate
MARIAM KAROUNY AND CLAUDIA PARSONS
IN BAGHDAD
SADDAM Hussein, due to be hanged within 30 days, called in a letter made public yesterday for Iraqis not to hate the invaders of their country.

"I call on you not to hate because hate does not leave space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking," Saddam said in the letter published on a website known to represent the former dictator's Baath Party.

"I also call on you not to hate the people of the other countries that attacked us and who separated the people from those who govern them," Saddam wrote.

The letter appeared to be what he would have said if he had been given an opportunity to address the court on the day he was condemned to death last month. An appeal against the sentence was refused on Tuesday.

.....http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1920632006

1 - 20 of 1025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.