Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing i would like to say is thankyou to those who have helped me with my website in the past. It is finally up (www.dragonstouch.co.uk) and i have of course linked back to these forums :) I wouldnt have been able to do it with out your help.

Im afraid i have a question however and i was wondering if any of you are in a position to help.

I was using proboards for my forum on my old website. I found it ugly and limiting.
I cant afford to pay for Vbulletin yet and so i need a free alternative which looks as nice.
phpBB3 obviously came to mind but time is not something i have a lot of. Have any of you ever setup a phpBB forum?
If so, im stuck on editing the colors, it seems to me that i have to trawl through several very long .css files to change the colors. Is that the case? Can anyone offer advice on speeding this process up?

Or can anyone suggest a forum (free) which i can use which will look attrractive and has the flexibility to make it look like my website?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
You can use phpbb3 and existing templates like the one here;

http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/blackbox_blue
It closely matches your site, just change the header image and maybe the boxes to your color.

The obvious benefit is the amount of people using this software so it very easily customized, or you can find hundreds of pre-made templates on the net.

There are a bunch of templates on their site as well.
http://www.phpbb3styles.net/

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes Sequal7 is right, i use phpBB3 and it's no trouble at all to setpu, takes a few mins. Also has most of the features vbulletin has now, plus you can add more with the mods.

phpvv3styles.net is great worht looking through as you will find some that match. Also if you are editing make sure you turnb caching off, as you will never see any changes. and the only style sheet you need to change is the colors.css if you are only changing the colour. It is a bit long, but worth it.

Harry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.