Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to have a Thank You email sent to people who fill out a request info form that I created in CGI. Does anyone know how to do this? I want it to have a company logo as well as a thank you message that will email them at the email address that they provided. Thank you in advance for any information that you can provide.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see anything in there for what I am looking for....I just want for the person who fills out the form to receive a Thank You email that is automatically emailed to them when they click the Submit button......I have seen various scripts online but none work when I add it to the code in the form page.

The code that I am using is the following:

"

"

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't write it myself, it is what the hosting company has for its CGI processing. I contacted them about how to set it up and they just give me what appears to be a "scripted" response that is a basic tutorial on how to write the code for everything except the auto response to the user who filled the form out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, in that case, can you redirect to a page after the submission?

Maybe use DHTML or JS to pop-up a Thank you window:

Thanks

See http://dhtmlcentral.com/ for ideas...

HTH/Bill

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
personally I would love for it to just do that but the client I have wants to have an email generated to who fills out the form, it does redirect them to the thank you page but they want a different email for some reason....seeing that they wouldn't be signing up for an account like at Yahoo or Excite I wouldn't see a reason for having an Auto Response Email go out.....I have had a few more greys show up over this...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.