Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to change to a tft monitor and want to spend approx £300. Can anyone recommend a nice model and spec please? Our graphics card is a Radeon 9550 256MB AGP DVI-I VO if this matters.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Which 2 monitors?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a dell 2005FPW...widescreen. There are some places you can get them re-conditioned. They are awesome monitors and 1650 x 1050 resolution. Great for spreadsheets, games, pictures and movies etc. Also Acer or something also has a widescreen available... probably a tad more $ but still nice to have.

·
Super Moderator
43,954 Posts
I wondering about the quality. Those LCDs were free with Dells before.

Viewsonic is the best out there, hence the higher price. Dell will have cheaper parts in theirs so...

But if you guys like yours then hey :)

·
Super Moderator
43,954 Posts
There was no case to rest :rolleyes: This is what I hate about the people on this forum. I wasn't proving anything. I was voicing my opinion and going by what I was briefly searching. I don't hate Dell. We use there machines in our school. The quality of the LCDs are a little poor, but I'm guessing it's because of the size. Outside of Dell, Viewsonic is the better quality that I have used. More sharper, especially on the 21" that I use.

When it comes with reviews, I check more than one source, including customer reviews.

Like I said, it's my opinion, wasn't forcing it on anyone. You seem to taken it to heart but that's your choice.
Oh and the Viewsonic also was 4 stars, if that's what you are baseing your facts from.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
i didn't take it to heart :rolleyes: i was simply arguing YOUR point that the dell lcd's are of "poor quality" thats all..... anyway the panels are made by siemens or samsung as far as i can remember and dell sticks their logo on

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I have two 19" monitors, and between them I spent the equivilent of around £300, so one shouldn't be an issue! :D I have a Princeton Graphics DVI/VGA and a Dell VGA. I have a dual monitor setup for my development, very handy. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.