·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Dear Tom,
My thanks will keep pouring in for various reasons! off-topic, i have bought two books dealing with Linux flavors-->Mandriva and Xandros! A senior member said MSlos is much easier for an absolute novice in Linux, like me! Kindly give your opinion,please!:confused:. I had a bad trip with UBUNTU( hope you remember--i expect you not to, because you deal with so many guys like me!)!:(

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Dear Tom,
Now, i heard whispers about Windows 8! Outrageous!

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Tom,
My thanks will keep pouring in for various reasons! off-topic, i have bought two books dealing with Linux flavors-->Mandriva and Xandros! A senior member said MSlos is much easier for an absolute novice in Linux, like me! Kindly give your opinion,please!:confused:. I had a bad trip with UBUNTU( hope you remember--i expect you not to, because you deal with so many guys like me!)!:(
Hi perfume,

What are the titles of the books?

Don't know why you had a bad trip w/Ubuntu?

My advice is to just get a Live CD and play around with Linux for a while. Try different releases via Live CD so you don't have to install anyone of them. You simply need to establish a learning model, which usually means a tutorial rather than a book - which can be daunting for the newbie.

-- Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.