Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:ok so i bought a 100ft ethernet cable so i dont have to worry about wireless, well i have an xbox 360 as well so i bought a splitter, i know that my xbox 360 has to be off for my internet to work on my computer, but there are still some settings messed up on my computer, i recently found out that i have a tracking cookie my trial to norton said it was removed, but maybe it's not and it is preventing me from connecting to the internet, is there any solutions that any yall might have just give me different ideas anything will be gratefull. thanks.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Tracking cookies don't prevent internet connections; they want you to connect. :)

How about telling us more about your network--brand and model of your modem, router if any, and that "splitter." And show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried that solution but i dont know what a text file or media copy is. i went to diagnose and repair and now its saying there is something wrong with network adaptors. and my router is a linksys.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Splitter? You need an Ethernet switch at the end of that cable to attach multiple devices. I have no idea what your "splitter" is, but it doesn't sound like it's the proper box for the job.

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
A text file is a file that contains only text--no formatting. In Windows it has a .txt extension. The Notepad text processor that comes standard with all Windows versions creates text files by default.

Removable media refers to any kind of data storage that can be easily connected to or removed from a computer. These days it generally means CD, DVD or USB flash drive.

I didn't provide any solution yet. Just asking questions and requesting an ipconfig /all so that we can begin to understand your network and your issue.

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
it's saying that there is one or more problems with my network adaptors.:confused:
Yes, we understood from your initial post that you are having a problem. With the information we have we can't even say that a new computer will fix your problem, because there may be a network cause or multiple causes.

If you provide the information requested in post #2 we will have a better idea of what might be wrong and a much better idea of what to ask for next. We can probably help, but you are our "eyes on the ground" and have to be involved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.