Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

we are using HP LJ 5100tn Printer in our office connected to LAN with Manually configured TCP/IP (IP 192.168.0.125, SM 255.255.255.0, GW 192.168.0.1). It was working fine without any problem, When i switch on printer one day it was showing CLEANUP NVRAM on Control Panel of the Printer, then it came to ready mode. After that we could not print from network machines. Then i checked the TCP/IP settings on the printer it was IP 192.0.0.192, SM 255.255.255.0 and GW 192.0.0.192 , I reconfigured the TCP/IP Settings on the printer to old settings IP 192.168.0.125, SM 255.255.255.0, GW 192.168.0.1 and saved.

The problem is whatever i reconfigured is not saving on printer, again it is changing to IP 192.0.0.192, SM 255.255.255.0 and GW 192.0.0.192. I tried so many times but it is not saving, i tried through computer also but this issue is continuing so far.

I have printed the CONFIGURATION PAGE in that it is showing as following EVENTHOUGH AUTO IP is OFF.

TCP/IP Status is : READY
DEFAULT IP CONFIGURED
CONTINUING TO DHCP
Host Name : NPIBF4409
IP Address : 192.0.0.192
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.0.0.192
Config by : Default IP.
BOOTP/ DHCP Server : Not Specified
TFTP Server :
Config file :
Domain Name :
Primary DNS :
Secondary DNS ;
Primay WINS server :
Idle Timeout : 270sec
mDNS Service Name : HP LaserJet 5100 Series

so if anyone can help to solve this is very much appriciated. expecting solution.

best regards
kumar

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Create a reservation for the printer in DHCP based upon the MAC address and let the printer use DHCP. Create a Share Name for the printer and apply the appropriate security gorups as needed.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I suspect due to the funny NVRAM message that the printer may have a problem, which is why it's not saving it's settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi jmwills

thank you for your reply, can you please explain how and where to i should create reservation for the printer based upon the MAC address and let the printer to use DHCP and how & where to Create a Share Name for the printer and apply the appropriate security groups as needed.

best regards
kumar

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You do have a DHCP server running,right? If not, I have never tried to reserve one in a router but the procees should be the same. Are you doing this with a "server" running DHCP or thru a router?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi jmwills

thank you for your reply. No, my server is not configured for DHCP and i am not trying through a router, instead my my server is TCP/IP and DNS configured, also i am not using any router.

best regards
kumar

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You have to get the DHCP service loaded on the server. Do you expect clients to conenct back thru this server to the outside.

Based on the addresses you gave above, something is giving out addresses and my guess it is a router based on the address.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.