Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a very advanced user, and usually provide other people with answers, however, now I need help. I am using Windows ME, and I have the built-in task scheduler set up to run various tasks (like ScanDisk, Defrag, CleanUp, AntiVirus Scans, and other tasks). These tasks DO run when they are scheduled, however, the "Task Scheduler Is Ready" icon is mission from the system tray area on the taskbar. This normally wouldn't bother me, but I would like to be able to pause the task scheduler by using that icon. As I am now, I must go through the control panel, open up the applet, then open up the Folder, then select "Pause" on the "Advanced" menu. I would much rather have the icon, but I can't figure out how to get it! Help!

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
It does the trick on me every now and then as well.
It does start up with Windows, but sometimes the tray icon's there, and sometimes it isn't at startup.

When I start it manually, it indicates that it's enabled. When I select 'disable task scheduler', the icon suddenly appears in the tray, with the red cross.
Then I select 'enable t s', it's back like it should be, but I never know for how long...

I have no solution for you, unfortunately.

Greetz,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.