Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have had a problem with my computer today. I had been using it for a good 4-3 hours. I've recently upgraded it with a new SADA 300gb HDD, and 2x 512 400mhz ram. I have had the computer for 3 years, and about 2-3 weeks after installing the new HDD and RAM and 3-4 hours on usage time, the computer began to freeze, and blue system screen came up showing an issue like "System Hardware Error, system has been shut down to prevent furthur errors ect..."

I turned my computer off, and rebooted it, the cpu fan turn for about 1-2 seconds and stop as if the computer died, i tried again, same thing. i tried again, exact same thing. Now i began to repedatly reboot the computer at a faster rate, then suddenly the computer came to life and rebooted as normal, and the system start up again as usual. At that moment i thought i had overcome the problem and the computer would work fine, but with my experiences with computers told me that the system was about to crash again.

As that thought came true, after about 15 minutes of usage, the system froze and turned off again, WITHOUT the blue screen. As again i began to turn the computer on, it now opens up and loads a NIVIDIA Boot Agent, and after a few moments, i get:

SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND REBOOT

or somthing similar to that.

My specs as follows:

3200+ AMD athlon
PCI-E motherboard
1.5 GB's 400MHZ RAM
1x SATA 300GB HDD
1x PESARIO 180GB HDD
6600 512 RAM NIVIDIA GeForce Video Card

I will also mention that i had upgraded my computer 5-6 months ago with an entire new MOTHERBOARD and CPU and RAM, but i thought this would be irrellovent information to the situation.

I'd like to say that the MASTER HDD has a GEUINE COPY of windows home, and my new SATA 300gb HDD has been partioned, but i have not installed an OS on the disk yet.

And i'd also like to point out that when my system was normal on start-up, it would say Boot From CD....then i would have to press enter to open it up in Microsoft Windows home.

As i have put alot of effort into this subject, please help me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i unplugged the SATA 300gb HDD, and rebooted, the system started normaly, only the components that belonged inside the SATA hdd weren't there.

I didnt notice an errors, as i kept it running for a good 5-9 minutes.

I bought this SATA Hdd almost 2-3 weeks or less ago.

What do i do now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.