Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
Just tried to do a system restore but don't have any restore points, even though Ccleaner shows I have nine, including a couple I just did. Why doesn't System Restore display them?

·
Registered
11,253 Posts

There should be something like this displayed, with a list of your restore points. When you get to this screen, there are no restore points showing?

-----------------------------------------------

Also, according to the information in your computer specs section, you are running SP2.

I suggest you update to SP3.

(Note: The pictures in that guide apply to Windows Vista, though the instructions are identical to what you should do in Windows XP).

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
I agree with Shooter that you should at some point and preferably soon upgrade to SP3. However I suspect that doing so might make it harder to resolve whatever problem your trying to sort out, such as possibly removing the system restore points you have. You might want to hold off doing that until this is sorted.

Meanwhile what is the problem that you wish to use system restore to resolve? I'm thinking that if we can resolve that problem ourselves the immediate need for the system restore points is off and you can try such strategies as completely disabling and re-enabling System restore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.