Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem quite a long time ago, and I cannot remember what the advise was. It may even not have been with XP but with ME, dunno..

Anyhoo, I want to restore to a created sr point, before I updated a software program. The sw doesn't work the way I want to. The sr is 'not completed succesfully'. Sr point before that (created by the system itself) don't complete the process either.

I've tried 3 or 4 different points, none of which successfully. I know (at least I *think* I know) I have to run a specific command, or not..?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards,
MilliJ.

·
Trusted Advisor
85,507 Posts
If a software program doesn't work the way you want it to, why don't you just uninstall it?

Going to a previous system restore point isn't the way to get rid of it, and it causes a whole new set of problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that was going to be my next step. I was trying to get an easy fix. If I un-install I have to re-install the first version.

Remains the problem that I cannot do a system restore.. Any ideas about that?

Thanks!
MilliJ.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
System restore has a problem working with several programs .
I think zone alarm interfears with System Restore and a few others. check out the following sites for more information
number 2

number 1
read link 2 first and try safe mode

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for that information. Both pages look very familiar and I'm sure that that was the way I solved it at the time. However, I'm also 100% certain that I have done system restores without going through these steps. One occasion was right after installing IE v.8, I totally freaked out. I HATED that version.

Anyhoo, I am going to un-instal the software I didn't like after updating and re-install the older version. That will solve the problem that made me come to this forum.

Again, thank you both very much for your help!

Regards,
MilliJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.