Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around with my computer b/c I was having some problems (I can't post my problem again b/c I got into trouble for posting the same problem a couple times; It was never solved.......) and then my dad told me to go to system restore to bring everything back to normal. Well, when I went to system restore it brought up a blank page. Do you know why this could be?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was your System Restore turn ON prior to this problem? If so, pick a date from the calendar from which you want to go back to when your computer was running fine.

It worked fine with me when I did this. I hope this work for you as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I know if it's on or off......... computer dummy here.
I can't see a calendar, I get a blank page. (This is my last hope to fixing my problems ) Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Right-click My Computer (icon), choose Properties.

If your using Window XP, choose System Restore tab, and you'll see if its check for (means OFF) or uncheck if otherwise.

Other way also is try booting under Safemode. Turn off your pc and turn it on again after a few seconds to let it recooperate, then keep hitting F8 until it gives you an option to boot under safemode.

After booting, choose

start > control panel > performance & maintenance
Look on its left panel under 'see also' there you'll see system restore click it
choose 'restore my computer to an earlier time' click next
and it'll give you a calendar to which you can pick at an earlier time to restore your computer. Then click next then you should be in a waiting seconds until your computer reverted back prior to this.

see and try if it'll work for you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much, I appreciate you spending time with me on my problem. Unfortunately....... it isn't working for me. My system restore was on. I went under safe mode and did what I had to do to get to system restore and I still got a blank page. But thanks again for trying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.