Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Can someone please help me, my pc kept on crashing on me every time i booted up and after about a day or so it just wouldn't boot at all, my first though was it had a virus so i formatted my hard drive scanned then the bios and dos then reset the cmos, i tried to restart to reinstall and it crash again while in dos mode, my next thought was the hard drive was corrupted, so i went out and bought a new hard drive (WD Caviar, heard they was one of the best and most stable) so i fitted the new hard drive ran fdisk and started to format, got to about 24% and crashed, took hard drive back got another, started to format 31% crashed, tried to format again 73% crashed, so as i was sat there banging my head against my desk (i believe this is a common cure for pc stress) letters and numbers appeared on the screen????? i checked again for viruses, using the latest pc-cillin and norton and again it found nothing, please help me and tell what the problem could be as my head is getting sore and my desk is starting to wobble, thanks

·
Registered
730 Posts
Two possibilities come to mind overheating and bad ram.
Overheating could be because one of the fans is failing or theres just to much dust in the system.
If its bad ram then this will cause all sorts of problems from rebooting to corrupt files.
Try Simmtester or Memtest and see if it picks ant errors up.Other than that try another simm stick if you have one to hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.