Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my utility programs such as CCleaner say I am using xp professional and when I right click on my computer
and call up properties it say's I am using xp media center edition. what gives?

·
Trusted Advisor
25,684 Posts
Hope you do not mind the advice. CCleaner is an excellent utility, but our advice is not to use the registry cleaner aspect of the program.
Generally unless you are absolutely sure you understand the implications of altering or removing registry entries do not do so.
At your convenience, and when of course you consider the matter resolved would you please mark the thread SOLVED

·
Trusted Advisor
85,518 Posts
Hope you do mind the advice. CCleaner is an excellent utility, but our advice is not to use the registry cleaner aspect of the program.
Generally unless you are absolutely sure you understand the implications of altering or removing registry entries do not do so.
At your convenience, and when of course you consider the matter resolved would you please mark the thread SOLVED
rekab1:

Don't use any registry cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup type program, no matter what it claims it can do. They do little-to-nothing to improve speed or performance, but what they're good at doing is breaking programs and damaging the operating system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
619 Posts
Don't use any registry cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup type program,
I agree.

In addition, EVERYBODY should use ERUNT to automatically maintain the latest 30 daily versions of the Registry and allow for restoring them, even to a non-bootable system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.