Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a P4 2.8 system with 2GB DDR2 RAM (533MHz), with a 80 GB IDE Hard disk. Now I connected a DSL connection for internet in my onoard NIC. After that, while I am using internet and try to play any music file in background, my system responding very slow and the music plays as it is breaking. All the programs running gets halt and the system becoming not responding. After this happens, I have to wait a long time to get it functional again or I have to reset the machine to reboot it. Please give me a solution to fix the problem. I cnaged my hard disk. But the problem still there.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have Symantec Antivirus Ver 10.1.6.6010 installed in my computer and it has a updated virus definition file dated 03 Mar 2008. I scaned it for virus and doesn't detect any virus in my PC. I was having this problem before connecting internet. I am using winamp to listen to music. When i load a playlist and after 5 -6 songs the songs begin to play as breaking. And the mouse also moves not smoothly. :(:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having a motherboard which supports both DDR and DDR2 memory and I am using DDR2 memory in that. Is that a problem with the memory which I am using ????? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed my motherboard and found that the internet is working fine. So now i am using a 865 chipset motherboard and DDR 400 ram in that. It was working fine till yesterday, suddenly I lost my network connectivity and I started to get a 169 ip. I though that it might be some problem with the DHCP server i connected with. But I found out that it is working fine and the problem is with my computer only. When I went to safe mode and checked the network adaptor settings , i was surprised to find that old adaptors installed in that. I tried tto uninstall it, but was not able to. It was giving out an error like, the device you trying to uninstal might be needed to bootup your computer and cant be removed from the System. Then I disabled it and logged in normal mode. Then in device manager I could able to see thode disabled adaptors. I used the roll back button and removed it. Still I was not able to get a good ip from my DHCP. Then I formatted my computer and installed XP pro witj SP2. Installed latest version of Symantec and updated it with new virus definitions. Then I connected my network cable and found the same problem again of getting a 169 ip. I found another adaptor installed automaticaly. The secound adaoptor was Microsoft TV/Video adaptor. It was configured to get an ip from DHCP and it was gettind an ip like 0.16.7.99 or some thing. Is that a virus or some thing ???? What is wrong with my PC. What should I do to fix this ??? Please help me with this......:confused::confused::confused:

Thank You
Shiju

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Are you using a modem or router connection for dsl? Have you removed and actually reset the device used to get to the internet? Have you changed your bios to reflect your setup? disabled or enabled anything that requires your system to id another network source? Jazz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using a shared DSL connection which provided by the local internet provider. I formatted my hard disk and installed XP pro with SP2. Now its a fresh instalation with updates anti virus softwares. i found that I connected my data cable of my digital camera in the USB port and that was what it was showing that extra adaptor. When I dsconnected the data cable of my digi cam the extra adaptor disappeared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.