Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PC turned itself on and the picture was different. My desktop picture was gone and files had disappeared. I reloaded them from a backup hard drive but they disappear after each reboot. Some programs like Zoom keep disappearing too after I reboot & Google acts like I've just installed it when I open it. It's taken several minutes to type this. Sounds like a virus?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Couriant. Thank you for the prompt reply. Under users, there are Public, my profile and Temp. That's all. Under my profile are included documents, music, pictures, etc all should be containing files but all empty. Under properties in C drive, the volume of data is well down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you are running a temporary profile and your normal profile may be corrupt.

Check the C: > Users folder and see if you see additional usernames.
Hi again.I got up at 4am, turned on the computer and at the sign in stage, I hit the shift button several times. I restarted it and all was back to normal. As I'm at the opposite side of the world to most of you, I went back to bed, got up and started it again to see if the 'fix' had worked and it's still good. I may have ended up in a temporary profile as you suggested and this jolted it back. I'm not sure why it happened or how it was 'fixed' but if it remains OK for the next few days, I assume it's now OK. I hate having pc issues as I use it a lot and my knowledge of the systems inside them is limited. If it remains stable, I'll be back to confirm. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts