Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the past week I've recieved eight emails with attachments that contain viruses. is this normal, or do you all think I've pissed someone off? they're all from different addresses and most of them are variants of the NetSky virus. i'm using outlook express with mailpenguin (www.mailpenguin.com) as my mail imap server. any ideas?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The last few months have yielded more E-mail virus activity than the whole last year, according to Symantec.

Virus like Netsky have something like 20 versions now only in a short time.

I suspect that this will get worse and worse, given the last few months.

jameso321

·
Registered
260 Posts
Most likely, someone you know that has your e-mail address in their address book is infected with this virus. I have been seeing the same problem, still trying to track down the culprit.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damnit, three more this morning. they are increasing like no tomorrow. i've got norton sys works 2003 and it will block viruses in emails, but it is a memory hogging little biotch. can you all think of a lesser (free and small) mail scanner because this is ridiculous. thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.