Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot for the life of me figure this one out :mad:

I'm putting together an old PC for a friend of mine out of leftover parts I had. I got everything assembled correctly and it powers up, but theres a problem. One, theres no video, so far I've reseated ram, switched video cards, I know the monitor works cause I always use it on another PC. I can't get this to work.

Two, none of the pins on the motherboard for the front panel lights and buttons are working. I've tried the connectors on every pin, and none of them work. No lights, no power button, nothing. I've never run into this problem before so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
CarlssonMB said:
I cannot for the life of me figure this one out :mad:

I'm putting together an old PC for a friend of mine out of leftover parts I had. I got everything assembled correctly and it powers up, but theres a problem. One, theres no video, so far I've reseated ram, switched video cards, I know the monitor works cause I always use it on another PC. I can't get this to work.

Two, none of the pins on the motherboard for the front panel lights and buttons are working. I've tried the connectors on every pin, and none of them work. No lights, no power button, nothing. I've never run into this problem before so any help is appreciated.

How are you able to power up and have the power button on the front not work? :confused:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
CarlssonMB said:
switch on the back of psu, I know the MB is good, used it until I got a new comp about 2 or so weeks ago, I used to run it as my ftp and TS servers
So this system starts up when you turn the PSU on? The sysytem should not turn on until you puch the button in on the front. If it is coming on when you flip the switch in the PSU, then you either have the front panel wired wrong or the mobo is bad. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.