Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a Dell Latitude C840 (notebook) at work with WinXP. I was sucessfully streaming content (radio) from the Internet until last week when my hard drive crashed. I had no backup. The IT deptartment installed a new hard drive and WinXP. Now, when I try to stream, every 5 seconds or so, it pauses/hiccups.
I also notice the same sound from the side of the notebook i.e. a whirl then pause. This may correlate to the Internet stream pausing and dropping out.
I changed the (replacement) hard drive out thinking that it was causing the problem, but the second replacement didn't change anything. Any ideas how to get rid of this?

Thanks,
Jordan Krim

·
Registered
253 Posts
To me, it sounds like you're losing youe internet connection. Are you on a wireless network? Or you should consider updating your modem or network card drivers.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The server you're streamin off of may not have enough bandwidth to keep up. Try some different streaming media and see if you have the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.