Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, lately I have been keeping my dell inspron mini connected to the net via ethernet. The other day I took it to a different part of the house (so the same network) and normally it connects wirelessly and everything is fine. This time however, it says its connected and everything is fine but no pages will load up? I have checked the device manager and it doesn't report a problem and I have search for updates but it doesn't find any. I've rebooted it and still exactly the same thing. Everything looks fine and connected but nothing loads.

Also, it mustn't be a problem with the wireless router because two other computers connect wirelessly to it perfectly.

Any ideas what the problem could be or what I should try next?

Thanks in advance for any help
Scott

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. And show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I tried Xirrus I gave rebooting the wireless router once more, this time removing each cords and lo and behold it now works. Thanks for the replies Terry and Saga. :up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.