Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on my computer the graphics are not normal in the sense it lacks background colors and the fonts are larger than normal. After about 1/2 hour everything returns to normal size and colors. It does this to internet as well as program screens. It is not fatal, just very annoying. I am using XP Home on a HP Pavilion XL759 with M70 monitor. I use MyIE2 but had the problem before adopting it. I recently upgraded my onboard video to a card and I still get the same effect.

Another problem I have is that I cannot reboot after a crash without disconnecting my USB mouse. I use a Microsoft USB Optical Intellimouse. I tried different USB ports without any success.

Final problem :) My system is pretty stable except when I use the mouse to scroll down the screen using a window's scroll bars. Sometimes the system will freeze up and I have to reboot (and experience problem #2 if I do not disconnect the mouse).

None of these problems are life threatening. Just bumps on the highway of life. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take a peek in Display Properties and make sure the resolution and refresh rates are set correctly.

As for the USB mouse mouse problems, get a USB - PS/2 conversion plug and run the mouse from the PS/2 mouse port. For some reason(s) USB mice seem to cause a lot of problems for many (not all) people. Or, you could say to yourself, "Now is a good time to invest in a cordless optical mouse." ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.