Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see.. i have a dell inspiron 8000 laptop running windows me. i've read through a lot of resolution problems people have had on this board but none of them seem to be like the one i'm experiencing. for some reason, the resolution is stuck at 1600x1200. everything is incredibly small and its hurting my eyes. when i change the resolution in the display properties, it stays 1600x1200, but the display area becomes smaller. so at 640x480 everything on the screen is the same size as it was at 1600x1200, but the display area is only a little bigger than a gameboy screen. is this my video card?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Do you mind if I chuckle a bit? I just got this picture in my mind of what you were looking at. Wow, must be rough. I may not be of much help on this, but did you load your video drivers from cabs or from the disc?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive tried changing the colors to 256, 16 bit and 32 bit. i tried switching the refresh rates and it doesnt repair the problem. lately ive been seeing a lot of flickering on the moniter and i have to readjust the position and wiggle it a bit to get the flickering to stop. yesterday while i was in class my roommates girlfriend said the screen was flickering and then the current problem began.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know how to remove a laptop moniter. can that be done easily? im pretty sure that the moniter itself isnt faulty though because when i go into the F2 setup menu during startup the resolution is normal. i dont understand whats causing the problem. the startup screens and BIOS are screwed up in the same way windows is.

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Are there any physical controls, ie, digital, on the monitor itself for expanding the screen.

My regular old monitor will do the same thing if I press a certain reset button on it. I would then have to use the monitor display controls to resize the screen. And it has to be done separately for Windows, DOS, and safe mode each.

The flickering problem definitely sounds hardware related though... :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.