Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: My work computer began doing something very strange this afternoon. When I visit certain websites I get a horrible buzzing sound (like a 'power surge')
and an icon that looks like a bulb flashes momentarily on the screen. It only
happens with certain commercial websites, like newspapers and newswires. I have searched all over, including Microsoft for answers, but I can't find anything to explain this strange occurrence. I'm wondering if Big Brother is watching. Have :eek: you experienced this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It occurs in the major newspaper websites. For example: new.yahoo.com, www.latimes.com, www.sfgate.com, www.boston.com. When you click on a story within it, you get a horrible "zapping" sound and a lantern-like icon flashes.

Here is the latest. I went into the office today and this phenomenon continued. I noticed one strange thing. I didn't get any pop-ups! Perhaps it is an anti pop-up software. All of these newspaper websites have loads of pop-ups. If this is the case, I have no idea how it got on to my computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.