Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I am having some strange problems with my mouse and settings. I turned my computer on the other day and got a message saying no mouse was attached. That was weird because I had a mouse attached. I figured my mouse had gone kaput and replaced it. That was fine, but a few days later it happened again. I went and got another mouse, this time spending more then 9.95$ on a cheap one. I have a logitech trackball mouse now. It works ok, but I freeze up on my start up screen sometimes, and if I double click any of my icons, my system properties menu pops up. Also my mouse will freeze in the middle of the screen sometimes and the only way to get it fixed is to restart my computer. I cant change any of my settings, if I double click my internet explorer icon, my system properties pops up. I went into control panel and clicked on the mouse icon but it will not let me change anything. I would appreciate any help pleae.

Problem #2
My wife downloaded quick time to view something for school, now all my pictures and everything are listed as quicktime files. I dont want them as quick time files, how do I change the settings for Jpegs, and stuff like that?

I have a compaq 550mhz with windows 98, 256mb of ram and a dsl conection, I hope someone can help me

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Ihatebestbuy
Problem One)
Have your diskette for the logitech mouse ready.
The first thing I would try is go to start/setting/system/device manager and click the plus sign next to the mouse listing.
Click on the listing for the mouse then click properties and then update drivers. Make sure the floppy is in "A" drive. When the next screen appears select specify location and point it towards your "A" drive. Allow it to update drivers and follow prompts.
Note: If by chance two mice are listed under mouse then select the Logitech and delete the other later.
Thats all I can think of with the mouse problem.
Maybe others have ideas.
Problem Two)
QuickTime as any player likes to hog center stage. Find a jpeg
hold the shift key down, right click the jpeg, select open with, select the program you wish this type to use, highlight, also click on box always open with and click ok.
Do this for others to, bmps, gifs, ect.
Dave

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave,

I got rid of the annoying quicktime, thank you for the help with that.

I tried putting the logitech cd in, it told me I already had a newer version of the driver loaded, and did not recommend loading from the disk. Also I tried to update the driver with properties and it told me I was using the best driver available. I only have one mouse listed but it is listed as a Ps/2 mouse, not a logitech. I dont know if that means anything

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.