Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, I'm in the process of installing a brand new HD into my sisters Gateway desktop. I've done this many times before, but I've never stumbled upon this problem ever .. Here's the rundown: After I removed the old HD and installed the new one, I turned on the computer and boom the "PXE-E61" message came up. So i checked the cables/connections and everything was fine, nothing was out of place. I restarted the computer, and once again, the same error message popped up. Next, I put in the Windows XP setup CD, and it all seemed to run fine, up until the "partition" screen appears, where you choose which device you want setup to install in. It showed four slots and all four said that no drive was found. If I pressed either the enter key, up or down arrows, it immediately took me to a blue screen with the "STOP Error 0x0000008E" message. I read a bunch of forums and most said this error message had to do with RAM. I followed all the instructions the forums stated and still, nothing. Here's the weird part .. The old HD has absolutely no problem running after start-up, so I'm suspecting a faulty new HD because I switched between the old HD and the new one about 3 times and each time the only one that failed was the new HD. If anyone can shed any light on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it as this computer is used for college assignments, and it needs to be up and running ASAP. Thanks a lot!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.