Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I installed active directory in my windows 2003 server. I gave static ip 192.168.1.175 while installing ADS. but it changed to dynamic automatically when I check my ADS next day. and its taken new ip address 192.168.1.77. I made 192.168.1.77 as static ip this time Do I face any problem with the ip change in the ADS. Do i need to update anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yes, if your IP changes you will face many problems because your AD clients will have a difficult time finding the server.

Apply all Windows Server 2003 updates. And make sure that you configured your IPv4 adapter to use that static IP.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there is nothing to do with windows update..at the installation of the active directory we configure DNS also(if we want to).I selected auto configuration of dns in the same system,and at this installation system should have static ip address.and my static ip address was 192.168.1.XXX.All was running fine....suddenly without my knowledge my static ip turned into dynamic(after some days).I checked the ip by typing ipconfig and the ip was 192.168.1.YYY.So I turned it to static again and gave the same ip 192.168.1.YYY.Now,will I face any problem with this ip change or should I install dcpromo again...(I think no)(Installin Active directory and DNS is not good for load balancing . But,mine is a small network it's ok with that)thx in advance....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.