Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, put this machine together just over a year ago, upgrading bits and bobs every few months // yesterday afternoon I got my second bluescreen (the first was a result of 6updater being poop) / something about a repage error // I tried to reboot the SSD wasn't detected / windows tried to boot from the old install on the Blue (which was the first drive in this PC) // removed the Blue / booted successfully from the SSD / assumed fault was with the Blue // two hours later PC crashed / again, the SSD wasn't detected / Hard Reset (PSU off, 20 seconds holding power button) and the SSD install booted fine / /started to run tests (in between crashes) Prime 95 - half hour - no crash - temps below 50C / Heaven 3.0 - fifteen minutes - temp below 55C - no crash / PC mark vantage - one run - no crash / HD Tune - all benches (that don't require a blank drive) and the health check - no errors - SSD speeds in excess of anand's benches of the M4 / installed Ubuntu on the Black, removed the SSD ran stable for two odd hours, longer than windows has on the SSD / swapped cables between the drives no change - windows crashes // so it looks like the problem is the SSD, not the mobo, but I don't know what's causing // I see two options: - reformat the SSD and reinstall windows and hope - RMA the SSD, in the mean time run windows from the HDDs EDIT where did my line breaks go?

·
Premium Member
52,999 Posts
Since this is an SSD a firmware update may help you: http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx
Sometimes an SSD just needs a firmware update to restore it, my OCZ loved the destructive firmware updates, solved their random disappearing act and improved performance.

FYI, to start a new line simply press Enter, do not use slashes. Also the text automatically wraps to a new line once you reach the end of the line you are on so no need to manually add them unless you want too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.