Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I run spybot it it says that there are 5 DSO Exploit entries (listed below) which are highlighted in red.

I then ask it to fix these and although it says that they are fixed when I run spybot again they are still there (and yes I have ticked the boxes next to each of these).

Are these files OK just to stay there or should I be doing something different to remove them.

The 5 files are:-

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2974146706-1256799619-874574627-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did what was suggested, it then came up with 19 entries which I asked it to fix.

Ran spybot again and the problem is now solved - thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.