Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just come across a pc with Spybloc... I'm not familar with it.
Any thoughts...directions appreciated.

Edited..
Just ran it and tried to clean stuff and it says before it will clean you have to purchase...so.... I'm have no respect for this... going to use the trusted Adaware.. Spybots S&D.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

That site above has a pretty good list of all the poorly performing, suspect, deceptive programs that claim to remove spyware/malware- simply scroll down to the "S" section, then, down to SpyBloc to read about it. You arrived at the correct decision, but the site for rogue programs will help you a lot. Note the similarity between some of the good programs' names and bad ones ((Those are way down past the bad list)) and read the notes and comments about some of them...most are scans that do prompt you to purchase, or make it seem you have some terrible malware when all it found was tracking cookies, or false detections...some are so bad they tell you that commonly known good items are bad! These ripoff clone type programs prey on people with poor skills, who cannot read in English well, etc.

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....or who can read...but don't.
Thanks for the confirmation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.