Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a emeber of music site Emusic.com, and have all of a sudden not been able to access their website through either internet explorer or avant browser(about 2 weeks).

I can access all other websites as normal, but i get a "Cannot find server or DNS Error"page come up when i go to access their site.

I have emailed emusic, but have received nothing constructive back from them. I havn't tried accessing their site through a friends PC yet, but presume their site is still up and running as I have received new music emails from them.

I have tried turning of my firewall and accessing the site, and linking the site through search engines, but neither has worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Banned
2,664 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's weird, the only site you can't access. Are you sure, if your IP is not blocked by the site owner, by any mean. This can be one of the possibility. If you can check that site from some another PC would give you an idea about it. ATB

·
Banned
2,664 Posts
re checked link all ok if you are on aol check its not blocked in aol security,guess its possible you have exceeded your monthly download from your isp and they have blocked it this also happens with aol not sure about others try your isp tech support

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was there any resolution on this? I am having the same exact access problem on one of my computers. My other two computers access it fine. What is going on? I turn firewalls off and clear the cache and history, etc, but still have the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went into windows/system 32/drivers/etc. I then opened up the hosts file in my notepad, found the entry with emusic in it and deleted it. That fixed it for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am astounded. That is so bizarre. It worked. It didn't totally work, because I can't just go to emusic.com. I have to go to emusic.com/browse, etc. etc.....anyway. It is good enough. That is so weird. What is that "Host" file??

Thank you soooooooo much.
--janice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.