Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SP2 sends me into a loop of shutting down and restarting. I installed in Aug 2004, and two weeks ago. Both times I had to do a system restore to break the loop.

MSFT tech said to wait until the new Windows XP comes out in March/April, because SP2 will be part of Windows XP.

Any comments or advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
59,690 Posts
SP2 has a lot of "things" that come with it. If your OS hasn't been activated, in MS's opinion anyway, it will do what you said.
Your XP cd has a restore feature on it. Have you tried it?
As usual Microsoft tells you to wait until they have a better, $$$, version coming out
soon...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The restore disk would effectively erase my files. It restores it to the day I bought it.

Well, MSFT didn't have much choice but to recommend I wait for the next version of XP, due in a couple of months.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
ekim68 said:
SP2 has a lot of "things" that come with it. If your OS hasn't been activated, in MS's opinion anyway, it will do what you said.
Your XP cd has a restore feature on it. Have you tried it?
As usual Microsoft tells you to wait until they have a better, $$$, version coming out
soon...
Actually, I don't believe that is correct. I installed XP and wanted to wait until I was sure I didn't need to move it to another system prior to activating it. I had not yet activated it, and installed SP2. Installing SP2 gave me an additional X amount of days to activate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.