Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is right site or not but here goes I had sound on my computer when I took it in to get look at they replaced the hard drive in it but now no sound I asked them why I didn't have sound now and was told it was nothing that they did any clue whats going on thanks, terry :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
harley1153 said:
I don't know if this is right site or not but here goes I had sound on my computer when I took it in to get look at they replaced the hard drive in it but now no sound I asked them why I didn't have sound now and was told it was nothing that they did any clue whats going on thanks, terry :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Well you probably should have posted this in hardware. Anyway I would guess that they didn't reload any drivers for your soundcard after they replaced the hard drive. I suggest taking it back until they get it right. If you have the drivers you can try loading them yourself.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Check windows update. Any critical updates found? Read carefully and dowload if appropriate to your problem. Be wary of downloading any non critical bits and pieces :eek:

Regards - Oldie

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
I wouldn't use windows update for hardware drivers. Best to use the one from the manufacturer website, or the ones that came on the cdrom that should have come with the computer/motherboard.

Just from experience ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.