Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a thinkpad 760cd with a mwave audio and modem card.
Is there anyone familiar with this and if so could you please help me with it. I have gone to Ibm website and downloaded fixes for this but you have to extract in ms dos and I do not have a floppy drive to extract to a floppy disk. I have all of them downloaded on a cd and want to put them on my hard drive. Any ideas anyone.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
What are you trying to fix?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to fix my sound card. I am getting an error message stating that you need to install a sound card to hear your videos. This particular laptop by ibm comes installed with an mwave sound device but it is not reading it. I have gone to ibm and downloaded fixes for this, but they are only extractable files in ms dos. I do not have a floppy drive and have everything saved on a cd. When I go to extract the files, it asks me to insert a floppy in the drive. Is there another way for me to extract these files.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
There should be--can you manually tell it where you want to extract to? What program are you using to unzip? The one that comes with windows? Have you tried reinstalling sound drivers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.