Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I have (or don't, is more to the point) C-Media AC97 on-board sound.
Before you suggest it, getting hold of the tech support there is, so far, nigh on impossible.

Messing about (I know, I should know better) after loss of sound in HL2 Deathmatch, in which the Realtek AC97 driver was installed in error, I'm now up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

After un-installing the Realtek and re-installing the C-Media, Still no sound.
Going to Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel, and opening the Audio applet, the Sound playback default device is Replay Radio driver, which was a demo recorder I un-installed months ago. There are no other devices listed and the volume and advanced buttons are greyed out.

In the Hardware applet, checking the properties of the C-Media audio device, I now have a window with 3 applets...General, Properties and Driver.

in General applet it says the device is working properly.
in Properties applet I am presented with 3 devices...Audio, Midi and Mixer.

Opening any of them and checking properties it says:-

What I need to know is how to get rid of the replay radio driver and start the C-Media driver. :confused:

Device Manager by the way reports everything as being hunky-dory, with C-Media enabled and working properly.

Any help or insight (minus comments about my stupidity lol) would be very much appreciated.

Regards Gerry

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.