Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed this because I needed a 5.1 speaker compatibilty for my surround sound. But after I installed it my speakers would not work. I've went through the Windows trouble shooter and reinstalled numerous times. THe only thing I haven't tried is messing with the BIOS settings, which I would rather not do if I do not have to.

Please help :( I can't live without sound and music

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Shivers,

First check Device Mgr and see if everything is showing up and without warnings.

Check that the drivers are loaded and without error msgs.

Make sure that you have attached the sound cable from your CD player to the card.

Make sure that the sound is not MUTED.

No Windows sounds either?? Go to sounds in Control panel and preview some to see if they play.

Are you playing from CD only or ar you playing MP3's from HD also?

Can you check the spkrs with any other equipment?

Are they Powered (yes), lights on?

Try Headphones in the Card...anything?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of that worked. But I got them working, except that Im not getting surround sound, only the sub and two front speakers are working. Not the top center ones or the rear ones. I have the audio profile set to 5.1

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Shivers,

Guessing here...but if the music file is only stereo, and the application playing it does not support 5.1, I'd expect a problem. What is the Player application, and does it support and/or emulate 5.1????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.