Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two problems.
1. I have an elite logitec keyboard which is working but when I turn on my computer and the first screen comes up it always says Keyboard error or no keyboard found. Then there is some black space and futher down it says Press F1 to continue or del to enter set up (???). I press F1 and then eventually my computer comes on. This is since Friday when I had my Windows 98 uninstalled, my two hard drives reformated and windows 98 2nd reinstalled. I had to have this done as after I put Norton's 2005 in my computer just went kaput. In the add/remove programs it says I have the logitec desktop messenger and the itouch software. AND as you can see I am using the keyboard. I am tired of having to click on the F1 button and why.

2. I had the MTS (phone) tech come out and help reinstall my server (DSL) so I didn't make any mistakes. When he left after having a lot of problems reinstalling my DSL I noticed when the computer comes on there is no sound and there is no sound period!!! I have gone and tried to install new drivers but it says even with my windows disc in the following file cannot be found ksuser.dll. Also when I tried to go into one of the programs to check the sound it says that HRESUKT=0x88780078 has no driver.

Help.

Pennala

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Sorry it had been a while till I could get back to you. I phoned MTS who installed my DSL and they got my sound and my missing yahoo toll bar going. As for Logitec I received the following reply form them:

I understand your keyboard is not getting detected on bootup.

It may be that your BIOS does not inherently support a USB keyboard. In your BIOS, you might need to enable USB Legacy Support or USB Keyboard support. Check with your system manufacturer for information on getting into and using the BIOS.

If you can't enable USB support from your BIOS, then your keyboard may not work in DOS. In this case, try running your DOS program in a DOS prompt within Windows. The keyboard should function since Windows determines keyboard support.

So I wrote back and got the following reply:

I understand your keyboard is not getting detected on bootup.

Our apologies, but due to the nature of your issue, we are not able to provide you with an adequate solution through our Electronic Technical Support system. We would like to refer you to the Logitech Customer Support HotLine for additional technical support. Our phone agents are capable of helping you determine the cause of your issue as well as provide an efficient resolution. You can reach a live Customer Support Agent at (702) 269-3457. Our phones are open from 7:00AM to 5:00PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday, excluding some holidays.

Now I have and have had when it was working my keyboard plug inserted into an adapter that came with it so it could be plugged into the PS/2 port. And now the tab key doesn't always work.

My other problem is how do I get rid of the sign in when my computer first starts. I never had that before and I do not know what to do so I can not have that. I am the only one who uses my computer.

I have windows 98 2nd edition intel celeron 533 but it is pentinum II according to the mainboard cd if this is of a help to you.

Again thanks.

Penny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.