Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to fix my mother's laptop computer, which is a Sony VAIO PCG-9B5L. When powered on, the display shows "Operating System Not Found". I know that this problem can quickly be resolved by using the Recovery Discs that came with the PC. The only problem is: My mother lost disc one; I have Recovery Discs 2 and 3, but 1 is nowhere to be found. Is there any place that I could do to online to find the files to burn to a CD to use as the first CD to fix the PC? Is this even a possibility?

Thanks for any advice provided.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
You can call Sony and order a new CD, I thinks thats about it if you want to have all the same software on the laptop as it had before. Now thats if the hard drive is fine, which it may not be.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I thought that that would be the only way, but I just wanted to check and make sure.

I am just wondering if it could possibly be a damaged hard drive that is the problem because I even tried to install a new copy of Windows XP onto it, but the installation failed. I am not sure, though.

Thanks again for responding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.