Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Do you have any Services that are related to Sonic? If you do they could probably be disabled.

Do you know the program name that it runs? Can you find it in Task Manager?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it appears to be Roxio but I am not sure whether something on my computer needs this program...........I record and copy with Win Media player.......would that need it??

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Roxio is a fairly good CD burning software, better than WMP. If you're happy with WMP, you could go ahead and uninstall Roxio, but I would only do that if you have the Roxio install CD in case you wanted to reinstall. Do you have the install CD?

The thing that runs at startup might be the Sonic Update Manager, which checks for new versions of the programs, but it doesn't have to be running.

Look in your Add/Remove programs and let me know what you have that either has Roxio or Sonic in the name.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying........Christmas interfered with getting back to you.
I still have the wretched thing appearing so would appreciate any help you can give.
As I said earlier I use Win.media player 11 for copying etc and have no knowledge of downloading Roxio. Do wonder if it could be connected to game sites as I have children using the maching sometimes.
I have a Dell computer which came ready loaded, so no disk there.
There appears to be Roxio on the change/remove list and when I click remove it says a programme is using it and it will not remove........do you have any idea which programme could be using it as I have nothing else running but broadband and the safety features such as Norton.

·
Trusted Advisor
85,507 Posts
Sonic is now owned by Roxio. If I recall correctly, Sonic RecordNow 7.3 was the last version before Roxio RecordNow 8.0 came out.

I keep the Sonic and Roxio startup entries unchecked and disabled in the MSCONFIG "Startup" tab and keep their entries set to "Manual" in the Services list, and they still run fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have solved this issue when trying to copy to DVD ....see my last 'post'
Sonic was to do with my Philip's writer and it was a very quick patch :)
Thanks for all your answers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.