Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have WINDOWS 98se and connect to the internet via dial-up. It used to be that whenever I clicked on the INTERNET EXPLORER icon on my desktop..... it would always dial-up the internet.

Lately... it seems that once in awhile when I click on the icon it won't even dial. Sometimes.... without me even changing anything.... I will go into INTERNET OPTIONS/CONNECTIONS and I'll see NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION is checked. How could this happen by itself? I am the only one who uses my PC.

OK.... so here is my question. Is there a better way that I can connect to the internet... perhaps an alternative DIALER that I can use that is foolproof.... and will always dial-up for me?

I don't even use INTERNET EXPLORER.... as I prefer OPERA but to get online I first have to fire up IE. Is there a better way, alternative dialer?

Thanks in advance

DAVID

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
You could go into control panel, open up dial up networking. Right click your default connection (the one with a tick on it if you have more than one connection), send to, desktop. (or create shortcut on desktop) Now you can get online by double clicking that instead of the IE icon. Nothing will open up with it, you'll just be online. You can change the icon then if you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.