Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Hope you can help

A few days I uninstalled some programs and have had a few problems since.

When using Firefox to go to my Yahoo page a message came up that javascript
files were missing. This has now cleared up.

But, I use an online project management software which is really good. Using Firefox things were going very strange - the interface was very different and a message came up saying javascript files were missing. It has now changed to look normal but all the files that were in there aren't there anymore.

I tried getting on the site with Internet Explorer and it all seems fine - all the files are there and everything is okay. So, I assume the problem might be with Firefox. Should I just install Firefox again.

I am using an Intel motherboard with a Core2Duo, I Meg memory and 250 gig hard drive which is nearly full

Thanks for your help
Mike

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
If an uninstall/re-install of Firefox doesn't fix it, you may have to uninstall your extensions first. I don't remember if uninstalling Firefox removes these as well but they are saved in the profile folder which is not deleted when you uninstall Firefox, so they might not be removed. You may also have to delete your entire Firefox profile, which is stored here: %Userprofile%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
you can paste that into the address bar in My Computer/Windows Explorer, or into a run box.
In the profile folder will be a randomly named folder which has your profile.
Save these items at least before deleting the profile::

cookies.txt (cookies)
signons2.txt (site passwords)
bookmarks.html (bookmarks)
hostperm.1 (blocked/allowed sites)
Chrome Folder (Custom settings)
prefs.js (More custom Settings)

If a fresh install now resolves the issue, backup the new profile, then replace each of the above items one at a time and see if the issue re-occurs (if it does, put the file from the new profile back).

HTH

Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.