Tech Support Guy banner
  • IMPORTANT: Only authorized members may reply to threads in this forum due to the complexity of the malware removal process. Authorized members include Malware Specialists and Trainees, Administrators, Moderators, and Trusted Advisors. Regular members are not permitted to reply, and any such posts will be deleted without notice or further explanation. Notice
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most everything I've done so far seems to reveal no infection, but I can't access *.microsoft.com (which prevents me from running Windows Update), and when I installed A-squared (free version), it wasn't able to connect to its update server (still can't -- so I copied all the files from another computer's A2 installation which was up-to-date). A-squared did find one medium-risk item, so I removed it, but the condition remains. Other websites work fine.

The firewall I have installed, Online Armor, which shows up in the logs, was installed after the issue was noted. ALso, one of the logs says it was enabled, but it was actually in learning mode so it wouldn't get in the way of the scanner.

I looked at some other threads in an attempt to predict what logs would be desired, so I've posted logs from HJT, DDS, and GMER.
 

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top