Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first time posting in this forum, i've read many posts about this similar topic but did not find any helpful, so here goes:
I'm using IE7 and Firefox and everything worked perfectly until a few days ago, when suddenly some web pages can't load or take literally 30 minutes to. 2 situations here, 1st on sites like ebay and youtube.com, most pages take 10 minutes to load or not at all, sometimes it just hangs on the current page for 5 minutes. Whenever i go to My ebay, it gets stuck with soemthing like "waiting for include.ebaystatic.com" at the bottom of the browser, it also "waits" for something similar when loading youtube.
2nd with hotmail I cant even get the homepage to load up, basically when I type www.hotmail.com the page becomes completely blank where normally I enter my password and sign in. It is the same with both IE7 and Firefox.
Tried many things, i clean caches daily, scann and fixe registry as well, tried changing the security options on browsers and firewalls, the DNS is also set to automatic, tried flushing DNS in cmd and reseting all those winsvr32.... dlls, updated Java and more, basically most of the advices in other threads, but nothing worked.
Some people said to ping the websites and trace them, i can type the commands in cmd but i dont know what all those things that came up mean, and i dont seem to be able to do the "tracert" as everything shown is "request timed out".
I have 2 computers and one uses a wireless adaptor and works perfectly, the one with problems uses an ethernet cable that connects with the router (or Livebox as my provider calls it), it also worked perfectly till a few days ago, it is windows xp pro.
Many sites like google and yahoo work fine (including their mail services) on both browsers, but the rest dont.

I'm not too good with computer so any suggestion is welcome and thanks in advance. (sorry if its too lengthy)

·
Registered
602 Posts
TANHAUSER ,

have you tried to check your windows protected files? you do this by going to start menu>run and type sfc /scan now , you will need to have windows xp CD incase it's asking you for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.