Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 PC's and a NAS on my network. Prior to this issue both PC's could see each other and the NAS in file explorer. Now only one PC, my primary PC, can see both and the secondary PC, which is dual boot Win10/11, can only see the NAS when booted to either os. I can still manually map to a drive on the primary PC it just does not show up in file explorer. I have not made any changes to either PC that I can think of that might explain this. I have watched numerous videos and tried everything trying to fix this but to no avail. The common fixes for this type of issue do not work. It is strange that the secondary PC can still see the NAS but not the primary PC. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Primary PC is Windows 10 21H2, secondary PC is Windows 10 22H2 and Windows 11 21H2.. The secondary PC is an older build with a Asus p8Z77 board and Intel i5-3570K. Do you think this could be a hardware issue? I've tried every possible combo of settings and cables, nothing works.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Which version of Windows that is mapped to see other Windows systems on the, network when Windows 10 and Windows 11 are networked to see each other or hardware in this scenario, should not be an issue. It is likely a setup issue that is the cause of the problem. Is file sharing set up correctly? How did you set up file sharing on the computers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts