Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a short while ago, I must have gone on one of those bad sites by accident, since something called Spool.exe or similar forced it's way on, putting on things such as incosnet.exe, rasenet.exe and maccsna (i think).

What is spool, and how dangerous and tricky is it? If I've scanned it and it was taken off apparently, but what sites can I avoid to avoid it again?

I ran a malware bytes scan while taking the system offline, and things have steadied for now. But I can't help but think they're still on there. However, are tmp files, the temporary files, and can they just simply be deleted, or do the ones that were malicious need to be treated with more caution before being deleted?

While AVG tells me it's fully on in every component, Windows Security center tells me it's not on (under "virus protection"). So why is my anti-virus saying it's all on, and my windows security telling me it isn't? Sounds fishy to me. Can anyone help me get down to the bottom of this? I've just run a system cleanup on everything.

If needed, I can submit the log of the malware scan I that would help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few days ago I made a thread about a forum running on the Setbb coding that was infected and trying to use an exploit search engine hijack. While I have now been able to get onto the foruma few times, sometimes the pages would show and I'd get the warning from the resident shield, and other times the same warning and a blank page.

I have been able to access the forum in its entirety on a console (Wii, PS3, etc), and have been malware and virus scanning on a regular basis and coming off clean each time. I guess the site's still not clean then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.