Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older system and wanted to get dvd rom as some of the newer games come on them now, but thought i would just get an all in one burner and rom, they dont exist?? i am confused, really dont want both

Also i am reading on a store site that the roms and/or burners have system requirements, i am not sure what system i have but its definately nowhere near pentium 4!

I am not in the market to upgrade computer for at least 6mths so should i just get a rom and worry about burner later if they have to be two seperate things?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
A DVD burner will read DVD disks, you don't need two drives. You can install a DVD burner on a Pentium 1 system, it just may not perform to full capability. I wouldn't worry about the system requirements you're reading.

Of course, if you told us what your system specifications were, we could be of more help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks that makes more sense

How do i tell you my specs?

I really should change my knowledge thing to beginner again as i am out of the loop on all this stuff again

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Download CPU-Z and run it. On the About tab, click the HTML Dump (.htm) button. This will generate a system summary HTML file that you can save. Compress that file into a ZIP file and attach it to a message here.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You shouldn't have any trouble using your drive with that system. It may not be able to do the fastest recording modes, but it'll certainly work. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.