Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just downloaded the latest version of Yahoo Instant Messenger to improve audio communication, which it did BUT. Now I have an extra "Yahoo" tool bar at the top of my screen,when I open my web browser. I believe it's called "Yahoo Companion Toolbar"? How do I get rid of this? I'm loosing an additional 1/2 inch at the top of my screen now. It hardly seems worth it to buy a bigger screen monitor, when programs use up the viewing area. It's bad enough that IE takes up 2 1/4 inches at the top AND another 1 inch at the bottom. :( Now THIS :(.........Thanks .........Dave

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
In Internet Explorer, go to View>Toolbars and click on the Yahoo toolbar to uncheck it. It should disappear.

To get the standard IE toolbar down to a more manageable size, go to View>Toolbars>Customize. Choose "Small Icons" from the Icon Options drop-down list at the lower left. I also dispense with the text labels.

You can also drag the toolbars up to form one or two toolbars to save a little more space.

·
Registered
485 Posts
And if all the above isn't enough,click on view above and click full screen.Bet ya knew that didn't ya?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Miz: BINGO :) I don't know how I missed that? Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees huh? :) THANKS HUGE :) Problem solved. BTW iaavagent: Yes I knew that BUT thanks also :) You people ROCK :) ...............Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.