Email Merging is suprisingly easy in Word and if you can already do merges in Word, then you'll find this very straightforward.
Follow these steps:
1) Create your "email" in Word (just as a plain text document) and set it up as a mail merge form letter - your data source must contain a field for email address, but other than that, everything is the same as a standard merge document until you come to complete the merge.
2) From the mail merge helper, select Merge and instead of New Document in the Merge To section, choose Electronic mail.
3) Click Setup and choose the field which contains the email address and enter a subject line for your email.
4) At this point stop and breathe carefully for a minute or two. Is your "email" complete and ready to go? The next button you click will send it, so make sure you're happy before you do it. I normally recommend that people create a dummy data source which just contains their own email address so that they can test this first.
5) Click Merge.
6) Sit back and relax at the sheer majesty of it all - you've done it.
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!